- Contact Person Name: Dr Kiran Nerkar
- Mobile Number: 8888224400, 9890844400
- Work Phone: 253-6424222
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address Line 2: 4th Floor Sai Square Commerical Complex, Near Suyash Hospital Mumbai Naka, Nashik - 422001
- Address Line 1: Near Suyash Hospital Mumbai Naka, Nashik - 422001
- City: Nashik
- State: Maharashtra
- Country: India
- Zip/Postal Code: 422001
- Listed: August 16, 2016 9:27 am
- Expires: 78 days, 20 hours
Dr Kiran Nerkar
(M.B, DNB, MNAMS)(Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery )
A Medical Doctor whose specialty is in performing surgery to correct deformities, repair injuries, misalignments and deformities especially in the face; performs thorough examination of patients to verify necessity of operation and be able to estimate possible risks to patient; determines and recommends THE BEST procedure that would leave minimal and unrecognizable scars.
Dr. Kiran Nerkar, a Board Certified Plastic Reconstructive Surgeon, graduated from a reputed institute B.J. Medical College SGH, Pune. Dr. Nerkar was selected for his Superspeciality training in Plastic Reconstructive Surgery in a National Board Certified Training Institute MTH, Cochin, Kerala. He underwent an aggressive training over five years in managing variety of aesthetic problems as well as solving reconstructive challenges under eminent faculties of national repute.
Dr. Nerkar manages a variety of problems related to Face Body aesthesis. He also specializes in MICROVASCULAR SURGERY (Re-attachment of amputated body parts following trauma, reconstruction by means of tissue transfer for losses following cancer surgery trauma) as well as Microneural Surgery (Related to nerve injuries their comprehensive management). Hand surgery is his field of special interest in addition to cosmetic surgery. He is experienced in managing variety of problems related to hand including congenital deformities, deformities following trauma, burns, stiff hands, nerve related disorders.
- Body Treatments
- Tummy Tuck
- Face Treatment
- Botulinum Toxin
- Brow Forehead Lift
- Eyeild Surgery
- Breast Treatment
- Breast Enlargement
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Skin Treatment
- Chemical Peels
- Facial Resurfacing
- Hand Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Duputytren’s Disease
- Ganglion & Cysts
- Hair Transplantation
Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty concerned with the correction or restoration of form and function. Though cosmetic or aesthetic surgery is the best-known kind of plastic surgery, it includes many types of Reconstructive surgery, Hand surgery, Microsurgery and the treatment of Burns.
The term plastic denotes sculpting, is derived from the Greek word plastikē, meaning the art of modeling of malleable flesh. The history of plastic surgery in India dates back to Vedic times nearly 4000 years ago. Reconstructive surgery techniques were being carried out in India by 800 BC by Sushruta, the father of Surgery. British physicians acquired ancient techniques from India then the speciality was developed over there during the times of world wars.
Started off with cosmetic reconstructive surgeries as a broad perspective, the branch of plastic surgery is now need of the hour for managing variety of Hand problems, Trauma, Diabetic foot related problems in addition to COSMETIC RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY.
Aesthetic plastic surgery, involves techniques specifically concerned with maintaining normal appearance, restoring it or enhancing it beyond the average level toward some aesthetic ideal. The most prevalent aesthetic/cosmetic procedures include:
- Abdominoplasty(Tummy Tuck): Reshaping of the abdomen
- Blepharoplasty(Eyelid Surgery): Rejuvenating the eyelids
- Mammoplasty: Breast augmentations (Breast Implant or Boob Job): Augmentation of the breasts by means of fat grafting, saline, or silicone gel prosthetics.
- Reduction Mammoplasty (Breast Reduction)
- Mastopexy (Breast Lift): Lifting or reshaping of breasts to make them less saggy
- Buttock Augmentation (Butt Implant): Enhancement of the buttocks using silicone implants or fat grafting
- Rhinoplasty(Nose Job): Reshaping of the nose
- Otoplasty (Ear Surgery, Ear Pinning): Reshaping of the ear, most often done by pinning the protruding ear closer to the head.
- Auroplasty: Surgical correction of torn/split ear lobes.
- Rhytidectomy (Face Lift): Removal of wrinkles and signs of aging from the face
- Browplasty (Brow Lift, or Forehead Lift): Elevates eyebrows, smoothens forehead skin
- Orthognathic Surgery: Manipulation of the facial bones through controlled fracturing
- Brachioplasty (Arm lift): Reducing excess skin and fat between the underarm and the elbow
- Hair Transplantation
- Rejoinning what is seperated:
- By Nature: Clefts of lip Palate other deformities prevalent at the time of birth (Congenital)
- By Trauma: Replantation (Re-attachment) of severed body parts (Legs, hands, fingers, scalp)
- Reconstructing what is Lost:
- Following tissue removal for various cancers
- Following accidents
- Following Burns
- Microsurgery: Plastic surgeons use state of the art technique of microsurgery to transfer tissue for coverage of a defect when no local tissue is available. Free flaps of skin, muscle, bone, fat, or a combination may be removed from the body with its blood vessels, moved to another site on the body, and reconnected to a blood supply by suturing arteries and veins as small as 1 to 2 millimeters in diameter
In addition to these 2 major branches, Plastic surgery involves other subspecialities as:
- Craniofacial surgery
- Hand surgery
- Paediatric Plastic Surgery
You should get your Aesthetic problems addressed by a Plastic Surgeon having a valid qualification (M.Ch) acquired either from any of the Medical universities across the globe (and recognized by Medical Council of India) or a Plastic Surgeon certified by National Board Of Examinations (DNB). Dr. Nerkar is a National Board Certified Plastic Reconstructive surgeon. Beware of self proclaimed Cosmetic surgeons as you might get some solution to your problem but it may not be the correct thing you always desired!. The CHEAPER DEALS which one might get will turn out to be COSTLIER in terms of results of your surgeries… so also your looks! Cosmetic Surgical techniques cannot be simply acquired in a period of few months!! It requires years of training observation.
685 total views, 2 today